Wednesday 11 October 2017

Sew, Stitch, Snap, SHARE






This weeks Sew Stitch Snap Share from me  is all about the stitch.

I have been very good and actually completed both the swans I needed to for my Christmas decoration exchange with my sister. We are doing mmmcrafts: 12 Days of Christmas ornament collection, I make the odds, she make the evens.  We both make two each,  so at the end we will each have a full set.

Every year I put off doing these, thinking they'll take a long time to do. In reality they are quick and fun to make.  Admittedly the neck was a little faffy to stuff, and there is a reason you are told to prewash your felt before soaking off the sulky fabric solvy.  They are starting to get trickier now with people and clothes to make in the last four patterns to be released.

These swans just need to be threaded for hanging, and one of them packaged up for my sister ( I think she'll get the pale pink one).

Now, it's YOUR turn to share, by linking up your sewing and stitching projects, whether they are starts, wips, or finishes, following these guidelines. 
  1. Link up from any post from the past week that features something you have been sewing or stitching,
  2. Somewhere in your post, please link to this post.
  3. Please comment on a couple of the other Sew,Stitch, Snap, Share links - it's fun to receive comments from new people, and we are trying to encourage people to read blogs and keep blogging too.
Thanks  for linking up
Julie and Linda

11 comments:

  1. It has been good sewing weather these hols!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Julie! You must be getting close to having the full 12 days of Xmas set now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The swans are beautiful, great idea to do it with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous swans Julie! I love them in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the hand stitching.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those swans are so sweet. You do such beautiful work and your photos are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like all that 'faffing' about makes a fabulous decoration worthy of any Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors and nice stitching on those ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful swans, I love the way you have photographed them sitting in the bare branches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is beautiful Julie - I love these swans :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.