When my sister commissioned a Liberty needle book. I thought I would be making something similar to the one I made myself. However my sister had seen this needle book, that she thought would suit her needs better. She duly ordered herself the labels for each type of needle and sent them to me.
After making my Liberty hexis, I appliqued them onto natural linen, then cross hatch quilted it to hold everything firmly and stop the linen from stretching so much.
The next steps had me stumped for a little while, cos I wanted to make the cover stiffer than my usual needle books and have it look more like an actual book with all the felt pages it would need to contain. (Eight in total). After a little bit of faffing around with cardboard, I created the outer cover, which has a spine. When folded it measures 5" x 7'' x .75"
The next step was the interior, after deciding on natural linen, I fortuitously found some felt in my collection that co-ordinated with the Liberty I used for the scissor keep. I also used this Liberty fabric for the top and lower edge binding. The page labels have been attached with a double sided tape - specially for fabrics that I received in swap. Much easier than sewing them on.
I have kept a record of my process, of what worked and what I would do differently should I make a needle book in this style again.
I am really pleased with how this has turned out, and enjoyed making it for you. I hope you enjoy using it little sis.