Monday 15 December 2014

Christmas Swapping




Yesterday I got to spend the day with my sister Janine.  She and her family had arrived from Brisbane late Saturday night.  One of our traditions is to do a Christmas swap with each other every year.  This year we had to swap:

  • 100 x 2.5" fabric scraps
  • a christmas themed fat quarter
  • a Christmas Dvd - which funnily enough, we both gave each other the classic It's a Wonderful Life
  • a Christmas ornament
  • and an edible treat of some description
  • any other little extras (optional)
The top photo is what my sister received from me, and the little bag I made for it all.  I forgot to photograph the ornament, and the next photo is what I received.

Finally I also received  three months worth of my Liberty subscription,   I am getting a nice little stash of these now.

Hoping you all have a wonderful week ahead, especially to everyone who has children finishing school this week.



4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tradition to do a swap, sounds like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah-ha! I spy moda building blocks... a project for next year I wonder? The Liberties are lovely, hard to pick a favourite, they are all so pretty! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely idea to do a swap with your sister!! I hope that you enjoy the DVD! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super lovely tradition you have! Must be super fun to send and recieve! And whoa - that liberty stash is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.