Sunday 14 September 2014

Weekending



 




Getting a copy of the latest cookbook, by one of my favourite New Zealand cooks, means that some new recipes have been tried and tested this weekend. I also enjoyed watching the first of the accompanying television series which started last night.  On the menu has been:
  • Turkish Red Lentil Kofta
  • Lumberjack Cake
  • Peanut Satay Chicken Salad - enjoyed today with my mum and dad who came to visit.
A little sewing has been done also - this is going to be a portable mini iron caddy and mat - destined for my mother in law for Christmas.  So nice to make a start on that sewing list.


8 comments:

  1. Your cooking always looks so good. May I come and live with you please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of yummy looking baking there Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! I am not a cook book buyer, but this is one book I wouldn't mind. I liked everything Annabel made on last nights show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend cooking looks very tempting! I've just got back into baking again since having little Olive here... but it's pretty much hit & miss! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cooking looks delicious - I haven't got a copy of the book yet but Annabel Langbein is one of my favourites too. I'm looking forward to the rest of the tv series. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that book looks awesome!!! As do your new recipes! YUM!!! Thank you for sharing this one lady...happy week ahead to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, all of that food looks so good.
    Enjoy your week.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.