Tuesday 13 May 2014

Pinspired





I have always loved the look of Cathedral Window Cushions and have a few photos and tutorials pinned to different pinterest boards.  The other day I thought I'd see just how difficult they were to make.  Using this great tutorial, I made a pin cushion.  I think the fiddliest parts were all the folding and pressing, then pinning back and sewing the curved edges.  I am really happy with how this turned out, however I don't know if I would have the patience to make a cushion.  They also use quite a lot of fabric, which you don't see under the coloured 'window panes'.

What has inspired you to cook, sew or create from Pinterest lately?

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That pillow is just gorgeous! All of the colors and the detail work is stunning! You are amazing! Happy week to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I just found your blog over at Erin's. :-)
    Looking forward to visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute button on your pincushion! I've made a cathedral window cushion (well the front anyway, it hasn't quite achieved cushion status yet), and I can't imagine having the patience to make a whole quilt of it... though if it's a quilt it doesn't need a backing which is cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a beautiful job of this cathedral window pincushion Julie!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.