Wednesday 5 February 2014

Making Chutney





Yesterday  I made Beetroot and Lemon Chutney, which apart from Chocolate beetroot cake, is my other favourite way of using them.  My house smells delicious while this is cooking.  I have the scent of lemons simmering till soft, then they get added to the beetroot, along with fresh ginger, cinnamon and coriander.  It sort of has a middle eastern spiciness to it.  I love it on cheese and homemade burgers.

I still have a few more to harvest?  How to you cook/use up beetroot?

5 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and I can only imagine how wonderful it smells!!! Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely. Do you get books from the library to make chutney? Recommend any good ones? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever you! I got around to my first bottling today - two jars of gherkins - so I am impressed that you have done so many. I don't grow beetroot as I don't like it myself. But every now and then I think I should as the chocolate cake sounds yum. I can always make zucchini choc cake anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good, love the smell of chutneys brewing. Our peaches are ready soon, and we usually make a few jars of eye watering peach chutney. Have a great weekend. Elaina xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.