Tuesday 21 January 2014

Paper-pieced Envelopes


I have recently joined an online swap through Flickr, where we are making paper-pieced envelopes for our partners, in the colour schemes, fabrics types of their choice.  There are twenty of us in the swap, which is spread over 10 months.  Two people per month get  one-two blocks made for them. My month is August, so I should receive between 30-38 envelopes in the mail then.  Above are the envelopes I have made so far.  The very middle envelope is for my month, thought I'd do a test run for me, the top left hand was my practice block with fabric scraps.  All the others are to be posted off in the next couple of months.

Envelope pattern from this book.   We are also making fabric stamps to send with the envelopes, from this tutorial.

I am enjoying the chance to sew with colours and fabrics outside my comfort zone, there has been a little stash enhancement withe the purchase of some Heather Ross and Echino fabrics.  Can't wait to see what I get back for my month.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Julie! I look forward to seeing what you get back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea for a quilt...looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.