Tuesday 6 August 2013

Fine Weather, Fresh Food







Scenes from the coastal reserve where I take my morning walks - today was the most beautiful warm, fine and still late winter's day.  It almost feels as though spring has arrived early.

Fresh flavours - I tried Quinoa for the first time last night and made Quinoa Tabbouleh, which we had with Paprika Chicken.  I was expecting some moaning and groaning from my family, but it was consumed with great enjoyment and praise for the chef.

This morning I made an Orange Lightening Cake, this is a lovely moist cake which is easily prepared in the food processor. 

I am very much missing my sewing machine - hopefully I shall hear soon if it can be repaired, and all going well, will be able to pick it up on Saturday.  Fingers crossed..

1 comment:

  1. The reserve is a lovely place for morning walks! I've not cooked quinoa but have bought a packet. This may be a good way to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to reply by email unless you happen to be a no-reply blogger. Thank you.